18 July, 2018

Round and round we go

For our local readers, it should come as no real surprise when I say that I'm following in the footsteps of Marjorie Wray (one of the Greensfelder's most colorful past owners) and have taken a stab at the life political. Like Marjorie, I'm running as a Democrat. It's my hope to win a seat on our County Council (District 2 to be exact), and that comes with its own unique set of challenges and obstacles - ones which I never thought would ever effect the mansion.

SURPRISE!

We're currently engaged in a fight where my political opponents have decided to try and have the mansion condemned and have stated that it's not structurally sound without ever once having a structural engineer (or any inspector) come through. They've even had people come out in county marked vehicles to take photos of the property. When confronted, they run.

A close friend confirmed their "evil plan".


So... I did what any social media savvy individual would do and beat them to the punch. I didn't waste time throwing on gobs and layers of makeup or a nice, tidy, designer pantsuit. I went out in my maxi dress, messy hair (don't care), and complete lack of makeup to film myself live on FB, as I flounced, bounced, skipped, and hopped all across my front porch. including the edges. Especially around where the damage to the porch was done by an unknown persons back in late May/Early June.

If you know me, you know that I'm a... We'll just say I'm a woman of substance.


Me. 
As such, I'm not foolish enough to bounce anywhere that I'm not 110% sure isn't going to break/give way and potentially break every bone in my body with a fall. Especially not on a porch where I have zero clue what lays in wait beneath. For all I know it's covering the Pit of Carkoon and the great Sarlacc is waiting for me under there. 

May or may not be under the porch.

I think you guys get the point.

The house, even the porch, is 100% structurally sound.

I just find it rather sad that politics has deteriorated so far into corruption that people would come to attack historical preservation. Though I suppose it just proves who's actually protecting this historical hot bed and who's in it for their own personal agenda.

Sorry to trouble y'all with it - but I figured it was share worthy.

Anyway... We have a gorgeous 2'x4' banner on its way from BuildASign.com that will be displayed in the front yard starting on the 25th! (or as soon as it arrives).


Cool sign, bro!

Look for it as you drive past!


PS: vote for me ;)

PPS: we have website! Kind of. Go here: https://stormshyarts.wixsite.com/greensfelder

No comments:

Post a Comment