12 October, 2016

I did a thing...

Yes... Indeed... I did a thing. I swallowed my pride. While I'm not admitting defeat, I AM admitting that assistance is very necessary and that being a two person army is only hindering us in our industrious efforts to take on the near Herculean task of restoring our historical marvel.

So...

Today, after a trying day at the house where further issues were uncovered and brought to light that made me want to rip my hair out and scream and cry and throw things, a decision was made that will effect the future of the Greensfelder Mansion in what I believe will be a truly positive manner. We decided to start a GoFundMe campaign and to write to This Old House in order to help get the historical community, and the community of Logansport as a whole, further involved with the restoration of the mansion. Let's be candid for a moment; she needs A LOT of work and we're pouring money into her on the daily. Progress IS being made, but that progress would be made so much faster with access to additional capitol or, more importantly, contractor donations.

This doesn't come without promises or careful thought and considerations. I've worked with non-profits for most of my adult life and know the benefit of keeping open books. A complete itemization of projects and receipts WILL be posted for every dollar of donated money spent. This open book policy will absolutely prove that restoration efforts are being undertaken and that hubster and I aren't simply stock piling cash for a trip to Fiji.

You can find our campaign by clicking right here. Photos of chunks of the damage we're contending with can be found there as well as a decent list of what truly needs to be worked on in a timely manner to preserve the home's integrity. We sincerely and humbly thank you in advance for your donation, consideration, and passing of the word so that we may breathe life back into the mansion and the town of Logansport as a whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment